Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Turbo Story

In order to dispel any alarm my last post may have caused, I have been trying to think of something clever, witty, happy, and carefree to say, but I'm not feeling very interesting lately, so I decided to post an experience I wrote up for Jarom last year. It probably will mean nothing to many of you, but it was funny at the time.

"So, previous to this story, I had seen Tony a couple of times. Each time he was so happy, enthusiastic, smiley, etc. Yesterday, he came in and just started talking to me. I’ll give you the whole story. Some of it I already told you, but I like telling the whole thing :). This is how it went:

Tony: (as happy and perky and upbeat as could be) Hey, Natalie.

Me: Hello, Elder Rawlins.

Tony: (slightly suggestively, you know what I’m talking about) So…how’s Grant?

Me: (expecting him to ask about someone else) I, uh….who? Grant? Um…good? I don’t know, Grant and I aren’t exactly the best of friends…I barely know Grant…

Tony: Oh, I thought…you were really good friends…

Me: Um, I took him to Morp-

Tony: As a pity date?

Me: No, I like Grant! I just don’t know him very well.

Tony: Oh. Well, how’s Rachel?

Me: Good! I saw her the other night! She’s doing well.

Tony: Good. Tell her that if she wants me to write her, she needs to write me first and give me her address.

Me: Okay, I’ll tell her.

Tony: Let’s see, who else do I know that you know?

Me: Elder! We went to high school together! Who do you know that I don’t?

Tony: Tell Jarom he’s freakishly tall.

Me: That’s mean. Besides, I am freakishly tall.

Tony: No, Jarom really is extremely tall. Well, where’s my companion? We have to go. We’re 20 minutes late to class.

Me: Uh, why were you just standing here talking to me when you were that late to class?

Tony: It’s been…quite a day…quite a different…day…

Me: By the way, I’m supposed to call you Elder Turbo.

Tony: (suddenly angry, or some emotion like that) No! That is against mission rules! You can’t call me that! Who is your manager? I could have you fired right now!

Then he grabbed his companion and stormed away.

And that is the Turbo story."

Yeah, not too exciting, I know. Hang in there and I'll think of something good to say.

2 comments:

Holly said...

That's hilarious!!!! He is going to regret that at our 5 year reunion. I love you. You are a great storyteller.

Alice Johnson said...

Man people are really weird to you. I have decided that you attract this with your good looks and superhero physiche.