Thursday, January 08, 2009

Laser tag injuries

I'm feeling rather disconcerted right now- for whatever reason- and I can't go to bed. So you will be graced with another blog.

As previously mentioned, the Elison clan went laser tagging the Saturday after Christmas. I somehow received a bruise on the back of my arm. I had the following conversation at work.

Me: Gideon, I got a bruise from laser tagging.
Gideon: Wow, you are so delicate that a laser will burst your blood vessels? Oh! So that's how you broke your foot. You probably went outside and the sun's rays concentrated on the top of your foot and it just shattered, right?

Gideon thinks he's clever. Anyway, thinking of laser tagging makes me remember the scariest laser tagging experience ever-grad night. We were playing a great game of war-like laser tag in the gym, with all the lights off, when I looked up and saw my dear Jarom standing in the doorway with blood gushing from his head. His arms were all bloody. It was so scary! Of course I ditched my gear and ran into the hallway to provide some emotional support. His left temple had totally taken a beating and he ended up with a huge scab and bruise. Yikes. I went to Disneyland the next week and bought him an eye patch to cover the injury. Good times.

No comments: