Monday, January 05, 2009

A little note


Those of you who are not my family may say that I am a generally mild mannered person. But sometimes I will choose a subject to be outspoken about. The other week we went laser tagging and the guy kept making comments about how men were superior to women. I accidentally spoke out about that, which made me reminisce about my junior year PE class. I won't mention names, but I will share examples of what class was like most of the time.

PE teacher would teach a skill. For example: Catching a baseball.

PE teacher: "Everyone who feels comfortable with/is good at this skill go start a game. Girls, come over here."

PE teacher would then reteach the skill in simplified terms.

PE teacher: "Okay, girls, go join the game! Holly and Natalie, come over here. I'll help you a bit. Okay...maybe we can break it down into different moves, like a dance! I'll teach you a dance. Listen to me and watch what I do. Step step catch, step step throw."

Holly and I [to each other]: "Seriously? Is this really happening?"

So, the class was weird, but I left the class better than I started because I left with an amazing friend: Holly Marie Nelson. We have had so many hilarious and fun adventures and she is just such a great friend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When was that picture taken? I think you look good as a blond!

Anonymous said...

For the record, Savannah was glad you spoke up at laser tagging. She wanted to as well. Stupid guy.

Alice Johnson said...

I am sorry about stupid sexiest men. Men are stupid.Anways the other day i was looking at picture of yourfacebook with thaneus and he was saying (prompted by that picture) that you would look really good as a blone. haha He also said you looked smokin' in another picture.

Natalie said...

Mom- The picture was taken when Holly and I did Karaoke at her ward party! I want to dye my hair.

Aunt Jenn- I was pretty bugged at the laser tag guy-I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way! But I wish I would have been able to express my feelings to him better. As it was I sounded kinda dumb.

Alice- I am interested to know what picture dear Thayne thought I was smokin' in. Although I'm not sure I trust his opinion...have you seen his mustache?

Holly said...

Natalie, I love you! We have had some amazing times together! I am sick of my hair... Let's visit the salon tomorrow!