Sunday, January 25, 2009

How wonderfully welcoming

I love the first ward. I really do. It's just that I feel like I've been having awkward experiences there lately...

*Warning: This blog may sound corny. I don't mean to be cheesy, but it's just my thoughts for the night.

Today I said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting. I thought it was funny since I'm not even in that ward anymore...what, do people think I took a year long hiatus and finally decided to come back to church? No, it was good. It felt like the ward was welcoming me back, saying to me, "We didn't forget about you! We still love you! Be one of us!"

After the meeting I suddenly felt so visible. Random people were coming and talking to me (Karlee can attest to this). It was weird because they would call me by name, we'd have a somewhat normal conversation, and I would walk away saying, "I have no idea who that person is". It was like everyone suddenly knew me. Odd, but it felt so natural to be back. Even though everyone (besides our little crew) was a stranger to me. It was a nice feeling, going back there.

No comments: