Friday, July 11, 2008

So many words

When I was very young, I did not speak. My parents tell me that I did not have a first word--I had a first sentence.

I hadn't spoken at all until one summer. My family was on vacation in Yellowstone. I was 2 1/2 years old. We had just bedded down for the night, when suddenly I started chattering and did not stop. My parents were shocked. They like to say, "You suddenly started talking and haven't stopped since."

Well, maybe around my family I have always been very chatty, but honestly, I feel like I have been very reserved around others. Sometimes I just don't talk. I'd rather listen. Well, this was the case until about March of this year. Suddenly, I started talking to anyone who will listen, and I haven't stopped.

Just ask the boys I work with. They will tell you how much I talk. Let me share a story to illustrate my point.

One day in the store I was playing with the stapler and accidentally stapled my finger (please don't ask me how this happened-I have no idea).

Me: Ouch! I just stapled my finger!
Brandon [smirking]: Maybe you should just staple your mouth shut.

Don't worry, it was funny. I didn't take offense. And I still talk to Brandon and Ryan as much as I ever have.





And because my blog is boring, I have included two pictures, because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. This is probably about the age that I started talking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like yesterday you were that cute little girl--not talking and with muffin hair. The time has gone too quickly. I love you!

Mom

Natalie said...

I love those pictures-that muffin hair wasn't too bad, since it's a little longer.