Thursday, March 26, 2009

I spoke too soon

My blog has been very boring lately, yes, I realize this, and this isn't the post that's going to pull it out of disrepair, but here is a funny conversation I had today (this was the longest sentence ever. I used four commas! I am tired, if you couldn't tell).

The only preface this story needs is that an Elder was buying shampoo.

Elder: Well, I sure hope this shampoo smells good...
Me (sarcastically): Um....you could just smell it and see!
Elder: Actually, I don't have the sense of smell...
Companions to this Elder: Yeah, he can't smell. At all. He has to trust us that he isn't buying a girly scent.

I felt a little awkward. Uh, hello Elder? You could just smell the darn shampoo instead of wondering about it! Yikes...sometimes I have tact.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ha Ha that's funny! My mom can't smell either, so in nursery I have to be the one to smell the kid's stinky diapers.

kerry said...

Weird!! Sometimes I wish I couldn't smell. But then I would miss the scent of fresh baked bread, brownies, cookies, flowers, Reed, etc.....