Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random updates of the MTC kind

The other day I was telling my coworker that I needed to buy a stamp. A sister missionary was listening and came up saying, "No, no! Here I have stamps, I will give you some!" So she gave me a stamp, and it was very kind.

Mr. McNaughton is the new volunteer who helps direct missionaries through the bookstore on "new missionary Wednesdays". I love Mr. McNaughton. He taught me how to drive! The first time we went roading was the day after I had been on my very first date (it was with Spencer, in case anyone was wondering). Mr. McNaughton was so amazing. He let me sit there and tell him everything about my life. I remember telling him all about my date-he even offered dating pointers. "Does he get good grades?" he asked "because if not, that is a red flag!" I told him the reasons I don't play basketball. We talked about school and life and practically everything in between. I really appreciated Mr. McNaughton because he taught me how to drive but he accepted me and treated me like a real person instead of a student. Our meeting in the MTC was very similar-instead of asking about my driving record right off the bat (which is clean!), he asked about my life, school, work...I just love that man!

Today a sister missionary told me I look like a Wemmick. You know, from the book "You Are Special" by Max Lucado. The Wemmicks judge each other. But there is one Wemmick who doesn't care what people think-all the stickers she gets just fall off. That's who I want to be. I want to be the kind of person who lives her life no matter what other people may think. This is important because...

There is a boy who works in the mail room and he does not like me. Seriously, he acts like it's painful for him to even make eye contact. Usually he just smirks. I'm not even kidding. It makes me feel bad becuase I just want to know what I've done to offend him. Plus it's hard for me to treat him kindly because I'm so intimidated. It's not just me he treats this way, though, it's all the girls who work in the Bookstore. Anyway, weird.

1 comment:

Alice Johnson said...

I am wondering if maybe this boy who doesn't like you is only attracted to your blood. Don't worry, he'll warm up.