Thursday, November 13, 2008

Save the June Sucker, please.


This is a picture (that was in the Salt Lake Tribune, I might add) of my dad and his colleagues releasing the dear June Sucker into this river. They are trying to bring back the species. There is a June Sucker fish hatchery in Logan, aiding with this relief effort.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to say that one of the men in the picture is from the Fish and Wildlife Services. I have considered this as a career. I looked at changing my major to Conservation Biology last year, but I keep coming back to Elementary Education. I have been through so many desired careers. 1) Dancer 2) Forest Ranger 3) Dentist 4) Dance Teacher 5) Biologist (relating to the National Park services) but I'm really happy with the major I have now. I'm happy in the life I have chosen (but we'll see...I may end up changing my mind again this year).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You would be a great teacher but you would also be good at anything you decide you want to do. Don't stress about changing if it feels right. I would hate for you to be in a career that you didn't like. Think about Grandpa - would he have been happy as a farmer? NO - good thing he stuck to his guns and did what he knew he would love. Love you, ALLEE