Thursday, November 06, 2008

I'm not eloquent. Please bear with me.

As I'm sure we all know, Obama was recently elected to be the next President of the United States of America-our dear country. We aren't all democrats, and I know we all don't agree with everything Obama says, but please , "can't we all just get along"? The country is probably not going to be obliterated. There is no need for us to move to New Zealand. I am of the opinion that we all just need to accept this President and support him regardless of whether or not we voted for him.

Okay, Obama is the President. That has been established, and maybe our country will run into difficult times. But those times are going to be so much worse if 49% of the country is sulking for the next four years over the fact that their candidate did not win. Let's be mature. This is a democracy. The people have spoken. Let's give him a chance before we all flee the country. Please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Holly said...

Oh my goodness! I couldn't have said it better. My mom was pretty upset and saying things like, "There goes our country." And I gave her a similar discourse. Our constitution cannot be completely destroyed in four years. We have had plenty of Democratic presidents through out history. And most importantly everything is in the hands of the Lord. Everything will be fine (as long as my taxes don't get raised).

Melissa said...

WOW Natalie! You are so right. There are many who are still sulking-me included-but you are so right. We need to just support him and prepare ourselves in the way the prophets have taught us! Thank you! Love ya!

Traci said...

Hi Natalie! I hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog, I'm so glad you have one. I love being able to keep in touch with friends this way please feel free to visit mine and leave a comment here and there!