Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A terrifying moment

Last night, I was looking for something in the store. I went over to a drawer and opened it normally-not with undue force or anything. But the drawer flung itself off its track and landed, contents down, on top of my booted foot with the toes exposed. Too late, I realized that this was the drawer that held big knives for preparing fish to be eaten. I stood there for a minute in shock, the drawer blocking any possible damage from my view. After a little while, I realized that my foot felt fine, so I moved the drawer to survey the damage. Luckily, my foot was just fine, so I started laughing. A shocked kind of laughter. Brandon turned to me and called, "You think that's funny? You really could have been hurt!"

It was terrifying for a split second, but it was mostly hilarious.

Also, it is currently snowing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew!!That could have been disasterous!Maybe its a good thing you were wearing "das boot"

Love Ya! Mom