Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Running on borrowed power

I must be running on power that is not my own, because I am so ready for a weekend after two very long weeks-I feel like I am going to die. Or something less dramatic.

Not only am I running on borrowed power, Aspen and Emerald were running on generators for awhile. The rest of the camp (and canyon) remained powerless. This wreaked havoc with our Point of Sale system. Really. And then we kinda had an accidental flood in the store. And arts and crafts was crazy. Oh it's been a long day. But it's over, and tomorrow is the last day before we can relax for 24 hours and then do it all again...


Okay I guess I should say something positive about today. Let me think. Well, Kyle bought a composition notebook for our novel! Now we don't have to write it on those small yellow legal pads anymore. Oh, our book is already amazing, and it's long. By the end of the summer...it'll be great. I'm sure you're all jealous. The title, in case you were wondering, is "A Dissertation on Love (random thought from a demented mind)-The Aspen Grove Store Novel".

Another positive thing about today is that I bought myself a Milky Way. They don't really feed us chocolate up here, and I'm having a little bit of a difficult time with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're excited to have you home for 24 hours. Too bad none of us will be here.

Mom

Natalie said...

I know, I'm so ready to come home! Mariel, Annika and I will just have to chill by ourselves, I guess. You guys need to be really careful driving up there. I know how you feel about me driving up the canyon now, because I worry about you guys. Anyway, I'll see you soon!