Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby steps to four o'clock...

I finally, finally got a letter that I wrote in January into an envelope, addressed, and stamped. I have yet to put it in the mailbox, but hey. Baby steps, right? I feel like such a slacker.

However, I still have a letter that I started writing about a month ago, which has yet to be completed, let alone put in an envelope and sent off. But this letter is one that I'm not planning on sending. If circumstances allow, I will hand deliver it sometime in the fall, but it has to be written now. It has to convey (somewhat accurately) things that I'm feeling right now. That makes absolutely no sense. Never mind.

Reflecting on the concept of mail, though, there are some things a very dear friend wrote to me in a letter last year that were nice to hear at the time, but not particularly earth shattering. I recently reread that letter, and I can't even describe the way his words helped me and impacted my perspective in a positive way. It's incredible.

It reminds me of the scriptures, in a way. We know that we can learn something from every verse of scripture-that's why they were included-but it's so important to constantly read and reread the Book of Mormon, even though we know (in general) the concepts and teachings. If we are prayerfully and diligently studying the writings, we will find answers and help that we so desperately need.

No comments: