Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday night visiting

Yesterday after ward prayer Erin mentioned she was going to visit Mountainwood, and would I like to come? Of course I said yes! So we hopped in her car and drove the short distance. When we arrived at Mountainwood, there were no parking spots, so Erin parked in the Moby Dick house lot, saying confidently, "Cookie won't tow me!"

Erin went to visit her friends and I called Alice. We had a very joyful reunion in the parking lot, then we went to the apartment, did the dishes, and talked. It was wonderful! I love talking to Alice because 1. She speaks English and 2. I can be completely honest and open and she understands! I miss talking with Alice, and I miss standing on the balcony yelling peoples names. I also miss having a normal relationship with Thayne. After we did the dishes we decided to go visit the girls in 208 because we could hear they were doing karaoke.

Alice threw open the door to apartment 208 and exclaimed, "Look! It's Natalie!" But as the door swung open, it revealed Thayne sitting on the couch. As soon as he saw me both our faces turned red and he exclaimed, "Oh, shoot! Um...I have to go!" To which I replied, "No, don't worry about it. We'll go." So apparently we can't even be in the same room anymore.

We went back to 214 and started making an alphabet list-we love doing this. The letter J consistently wins, by far. We talked some more, but it was getting late so eventually Erin and I left.

As we walked down the stairs, we saw a tow truck enter the parking lot. This is the conversation that took place.

Erin: Alice! There's a tow truck! Warn the people!!
Alice: I don't know anyone! I don't know whose car it is!
Me: Erin, that's OUR CAR!!
Erin: NO!!!
Alice: RUN!
Erin: I CAN'T! MY ANKLE IS SPRAINED! NATALIE, GO!
Me: I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Erin: TAKE MY KEYS! GET THE CAR!

So Erin gave me her keys and I started running to Moby Dick. The tow truck was backing up and lowering the thing to take the car away, so I did some crazy ducking move to get between the truck and the fence, ran to the car ("ERIN! ARE YOU FROM WISCONSIN?!) and tried frantically to open the door.

At this point, the tow truck driver realized his evil plans had been thwarted so he just drove away. It was way funny. And perfect timing.