Monday, September 21, 2009

TMI

So last night I was reading through my journal which documents the past year and a half and it was really interesting to see how I have changed and grown. But there were a few lines I wrote in all seriousness that crack me up reading them in retrospect. I don't know if it's simply because of the perspective I've gained or if it's just because I'm crazy, but...I was surprised at the weird stuff I've said. I will share a few examples. Please, understand that these example are not what my whole journal sounds like. Sometimes I say things that make sense and are very dear to my heart.

1. I don't know if the intent of the email was "sorry I kissed you-I shouldn't have because I don't like you" or "sorry I've been stupid lately-don't 'forget about me".

2. PS: Today I scooped ice cream and sold Scope to Elder Groberg and his wife. It was cool.

3. I can't believe I'm feeling this way. Alice says it's something in the air...it does stuff to people.

4. Today John broke up with me in the middle of the Cougareat. It was awkward...obviously.

And the last quote isn't by me, it's by Gideon...but I sure did tape it into my journal. I wish you could see his awesome handwriting, but you'll have to imagine it.

5. "Have fun in the journey. Make friends, build and strengthen these friendships. Along the way, you'll find that one of these friends means more to you, and that you are inseparable from him. This "glue" comes from the journey, not by packing shoe goo on every date."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha--I love to go back and read my old journal entries. I usually am glad to see that I've grown...though the frequency with which I write in my journal is not currently often enough that I could see growth over a year...maybe five years? Props to you.

I went through a phase in middle school where I was worried that I wasn't being enough of a teenager--I didn't really have problems with my parents, my friends were pretty cool, and life seemed generally pretty good (at least as good as it can be in middle school, right?). To make sure that future posterity didn't think I was weak sauce, I started to write as dramatically as I thought a teenager should. Boy, THOSE are some funny entries. :)

Elizabeth Johansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice Johnson said...

when were you feeling that way??? at aspen grove...was this the note conversation we were having during devotional about the icing on the cake with a certain b name?????/