Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Love is a great beautifier

"To outsiders, the five energetic women seemed to rule the house, and so they did in many things; but the quiet scholar, sitting among his books, was still the head of the family, the household conscience, anchor, and comforter, for to him the busy, anxious women always turned in troublous times, finding him, in the truest sense of the sacred words, husband and father.

The girls gave their hearts into their mother's keeping, their souls into their father's; and to both parents, who lived and laboured so faithfully for them, they gave a love that grew with their growth, and bound them tenderly together by the sweetest tie which blesses lives and outlives death."

I love this quote from Little Women because it describes my family...not only the physical aspect (five girls at home, one father...and besides that, we have another amazing sister and wonderful brother) but it also describes the emotional aspect of our home perfectly. No, our family is not perfect or even close, but we love each other and our parents and we are all so close. I love my family and am so grateful for each of them. I often wonder how in the world I got so lucky. I can't explain it but I can only hope to live my life in gratitude and emulation of such a home.

No comments: