Sunday, September 27, 2009

I am reminded of something funny

So back in the summer of 2004 my sisters and I were in Oklahoma! at the Shell. We had a great cast...the boy with the perfect color of red hair was even there! Anyway, we had fun. One of the stage managers was this girl, and I can't recall her name exactly but I think it may have been Rebecca, and she was down syndrome. Her biggest annoyance was that our cast was loud backstage. Every night in our traditional cast meeting circle she would say, "You guys need to be quiet backstage or I will give you a power-house slug!"

This continued night after night, until finally one night my grandpa said, "Hey! There will be no power-house slugs going on!"

Rebecca, as we'll call her, thought for a moment and then replied, "Fine....then I'll slit your throat!"

Needless to say, we were quiet after that.

No comments: