Monday, December 01, 2008

Snapshot

I'm getting ready to type up some of my physical science labs, but sometimes before doing homework I like to blog-it gets me thinking and puts me in the writing mode. So I decided, for an unknown reason, to go to my 5th photo album, choose the 20th picture from the end, and write about it. Here is my story.This was probably the third day of our trip to Disneyland in the summer of '07. You can see my whole family (and Grandpa Murray) in this picture if you look closely (Nathan, Karly, Dad, and I are in the mirror, and Nicole is hidden by Mariel).

We were waiting to be seated for lunch in our favorite restaurant-The Blue Bayou. You have to make reservations and it's very, very pricey. But the restaurant is in the ride Pirates of the Caribbean, so it has great atmosphere. It's so dark you can barley read your menu, but it's fun. I had the deep fried Monte Cristo sandwhich with raspberry dipping sauce and I was very pleased.

However, the restaurant does add a 15-20% gratuity for parties over six, so it is helpful to note that before paying a tip.

This was a fabulous trip.

3 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

I love that place!! My family would eat there and the kids would hurry and go on the ride while waiting for our food! Sooo much fun!

Anonymous said...

Are you saying the diners and waitstaff aren't animatronic?

I always assumed they were part of the ride...

Anonymous said...

I really miss Disneyland. We definitely don't go there enough....