Thursday, December 18, 2008

Positive Feedback

This semester the testing center score screen has had occasion to talk to me a few times. It makes me feel good.

In high school, Mr. Bowman always liked to write uplifting things on our assignments, for example: Awesome, Good Job, Great!, [a drawing of a Christmas tree], Superb, Fantastic, Tremendous, etc...

One day Mr. Bowman gave me back one of my voice leading assignments and on the top it said, "Well Done?" as if he wasn't sure whether or not my assignment was acceptable. I chose to believe that he accidentally wrote a question mark instead of an exclamation point.

While we're on the subject of Mr. Bowman, I would just like to state that he is one of the teachers who has had a tremendous impact on my life. He is an amazing man and he gave me the opportunities I needed to grow and learn and progress-while at the same time he allowed us to have fun. I will always be thankful for the Claminator. "He had the power to make us happy or unhappy, to make our work a pleasure or a burden".Random tidbit: At the band concert this week, a clarinet quartet played. They were really good. Mark and I were impressed. After their song, Mark's dad leaned forward and said to us, "Wow, they were good. You can tell they didn't spend any time messing around with fruitsnacks." Yeah...it's true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way--Who has the fruit snacks? How are you going to pass them when Marc goes on a mission?

Natalie said...

Mom, the fruit snacks have been destroyed or lost. Luckily I still have the backup fruit snacks. Mark and Hannah will be so shocked. When Mark goes on his mission, we'll just send him packages or something.