Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve!

During the month of December, people start to look over the past year and reflect on all that has happened and what they have been blessed with. I guess I'll join in the reflection and talk about one of the things that I am most thankful for this year. His name is Neil Murray, and he is my grandfather.

Grandpa Murray broke his neck back in March; it was a very scary time for our family. He was blessed with a very clean break, though (it sounds odd to say that, but it's true) and after a time of bated breath, we found out that he would not even need surgery. He spent months in a neck brace and had to live away from home for a bit, but eventually he was able to move home and ditch the brace.

We are blessed that Grandpa was able to recover so well--he is so recovered, in fact, that we were just able to dance the Merry Christmas Polka together (it's a Christmas Eve tradition)! Our family became closer to one another, to Grandpa, and to the Lord during this time. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have, for my family, and for Grandpa Murray

Merry Christmas!

No comments: