Sunday, December 21, 2008

Poor Abby

Have you ever had an experience where you've said something that came out completely different than you intended? It makes for awkward conversations. Abby has recently had a couple of experiences where people have said things to her that just make us think.

Example One
Home Teacher: Abby, you gave a great talk on Sunday! We were all really surprised.
[Looks of shock are displayed on the faces of my family. Did he really just say that?! we all thought]
Home Teacher [seeing our looks of shock]: Um, we were really surprised to hear that you had recently had surgery! I don't think any one knew! Uh, yeah, surgery...

Example Two
Abby [while watching an old home video of herself]: That was back when I looked like a badger.
Nathan: Oh, you haven't really changed at all. You still look the same.
Abby: What?
Nathan: No! I mean, you never looked like a badger! You have always looked normal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Example 3--We were talking about how Abby had about every color of hair as a baby, including being a red head and she said, "Yeah, I could have been a blackhead." Ouch!! We're glad she's actually just a brown head.

Natalie said...

Example 4- Abby: "I look like a garbage bag." Natalie: "No, you look like ET." Abby: "Well, that makes me feel a lot better..."