Sunday, May 04, 2008

"This is ridiculous-what am I doing here?


I'm in the wrong story!

This was just a moment in the woods. Our moment-shimmering and lovely and sad. Leave the moment, just be glad for the moment that we had. Every moment is a moment when you're in the woods....

Let the moment go...don't forget it for a moment, though! Just remembering you've had an 'and' when you're back to 'or' makes the 'or' mean more than it did before.

Now I understand...and it's time to leave the woods!"

Okay. Amanda was singing this song last night, and it really got stuck in my head. Except whenever showtunes get stuck in my head, it's not just the one song...the whole show comes to mind. I'll be singing music from the lucky musical for days.

So, whoever can guess what musical these random quotes are from (without google, or yahoo, etc) is amazing. Actually, if you just use some of the clues provided in the text, it shouldn't be too difficult.

What I will say, though, is that this song (well, the whole show, really) is what makes Prince Charming so...disenchanting to me. It's quite sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's Into the Woods. I saw this show every other night at Sundance the summer I was engaged to Eric. I love it! And I've passed my love for it to my kids. Even Haven asks to listen to it often. Now you've got it stuck in my head.