Saturday, May 24, 2008

Observations

Observation 1: I never want to work in an ice cream parlor. End of story.

Observation 2: I miss the MTC bookstore with every little crevice of my heart. I miss the missionaries. I miss the diversity. I miss the computer system. I miss blue cards and multiple languages. I miss my best friends. I miss the camaraderie. I miss scheming, and McKesson, and random food days, and Jordan seceding from the Union. I miss the vacuums. I miss my nametag. I miss blue and yellow packets. I'm totally going through withdrawals. Right now, I even miss being stopped by security.

Observation 3: I really couldn't be happier with the situation up here. I like the computer system we use. I like seeing families together-even though the kids can be crazy. The boys I work with are perfect-we couldn't get along any better. I like feeling as though the store is "ours" in a sense. I love that we all feel like family already. I love walking into the "living room" and having every one there talking and laughing. I love having best friends to confide in/write books with. I love the peace of being in the mountains. I love going outside in the morning and feeling the crisp mountain air.

I really like it up here. But I do want to go back to the MTC in the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to go back to the MTC in the fall?

Anonymous said...

I want to know the story behind the ice cream parlor!! I miss you all ready. Mom