Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That's "p-a-r-i-a-h"

I was so bored and lonely today. Oh, I'm grateful that I got to spend the day inside with the air-conditioning on and not a lot of walking (my foot has been hurting recently), but it was so sad.

I could see Seth through the window as he powerwashed the ground, but (no offense to Seth) he wasn't very entertaining. I just sat there like the pariah that I probably am until I turned on some music. It helped to lighten up the monotony, but wasn't as good as having actual people to converse with.

So I found pleasure in listening to the goings-on of the camp and staff through the radio. That was more entertaining than Seth and music until I heard that my roommate and best friend was hurt and on her way to Urgent Care. Then it was sad.

But the day is over, and tomorrow is a new day. A day full of people, talking, and laughing...but hopefully no pain.

1 comment:

Erica Brooke said...

I love that you know what pariah means and understand the definition. I used it in conversation with a 6th grade teacher and she told me I must mean piranah. She just knew I was wrong. So - Hah! to her.
Love you, ALLEE