Sunday, April 13, 2008

Changes

Today at church people kept coming up to me and saying things like, "Aren't you glad? Now you have your dad back. Won't it be nice? You'll have your dad back". Those statements are accurate, in a sense. Yes, Dad will now be home on Sundays and more during the week.

But I just want to say that it's not like we ever "lost" my dad all these years he's served in a bishopric. He has been the father of the ward, sure, but he never stopped being our father. I guess a couple things will change now that he'll be home more, but his love and support of us, his family, will not increase. Because they cannot. And while we may not have always been perfect and without complaint, our family certainly supported and sustained my dad as Bishop. We do not begrudge any of the time he spent at the church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie! I did not know you have a blog. I'm very excited. And I just wanted to say that 1) I didn't know your dad got released--now I do! and 2) What a great post! How nice of you to recognize what a great dad you have.

It will be fun to see you guys soon!

Aunt Jenn

Anonymous said...

How did you figure out about Natalie's blog?