Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just play it cool

So, the most embarrassing/hilarious thing just happened to me. Please join me in my humilation. And insane laughter.

We're getting new carpet on our stairs. I came home after the carpet installer had started working. Just our luck, he's kinda crazy. He's just working on the stairs, whistling away a happy tune. I went into the kitchen to get some pizza. When he entered the kitchen, he shouted, "Wow! You're tall! You MUST be a basketball player!!!" Now, this was probably not the best thing he could've said to me to start off with. But I tried to be polite, telling him that I don't play basketball, but I do like to dance and play the piano, etc. You know, my standard response. It was definitely given through gritted teeth, however.

So I tried to make polite conversation for just a minute, and at the first possible opportunity I escaped into the family room. Just my luck, it's in clear view from the stairs where he was working. Of course I somehow totally tripped over the vacuum cord. My mom and I burst out laughing. Really, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. This lasted for about five minutes before the carpet installer yelled out, "Well, now I can see why you don't play basketball".

Oh, sometimes people are just so full of tact.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That is pretty funny! Oh Natalie I miss you! I need to come and visit! Ugg, but 2 people at work are gone and so I have been working more hours than I should!