Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The evening shift

Random things about my job. In--surprise!---a list.

1. I have to wear Sunday clothes every day.
2. But, I get to wear an apron! Which, let me tell you, is delightful. I love being able to keep all the pens, box cutters, money, candy, chapstick, and notes that I might need right in my pockets.
3. I get mistaken for a superhero. A lot.
4. They play the same music over and over. Sometimes it's Christmas music...even though it's February. Sometimes it's cliche. But it's nice.
5. I've become so used to hearing different languages that I just kinda respond to everything now. Even if I don't understand what they're saying...I know I can respond with either, "Hello" "thanks" or "you too" depending on what part of the transaction we're at.
6. Some of my best friends are the people who work with me. I tell them everything (but sometimes we have to speak in code). Even the full-times know most everything about my life. And they usually aren't shy about offering advice :)
7. We have food parties randomly, and it's fun.
8. I really didn't order enough McKesson this week, and I was shocked. I mean honestly, we're almost out of toothbrushes...Thursday. I will order much more than I think I'll need on Thursday.
9. I am so impressed with all the missionaries. I love the examples they set for me. I'm so grateful for this job.
10. I love when the missionaries share their testimonies with me. No matter what language, the spirit is the same, and it's great.

No comments: