Sunday, June 21, 2009

Realizations

You know how sometimes you just realize things about yourself you've never thought about before?

I love getting random voice mails and texts.

When I'm sad or lonely, I bake. Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

I love inside jokes and gifts built around the theme of an inside joke.

I like being a little bit silly around the people I love.

I really, genuinely like a lot of people. I am pretty sure there are many people out there who have no idea how much I truly adore them.

I talk a lot.

I think I have a lot of old fashioned ideas about romance.

I cry: all through Return to Me, when Captain Von Trapp sings "Edelweiss", when people I love cry, sometimes when I am writing the spaghettio years, when I finally realize a truth that deeply impacts me...and at many other instances.

My life hasn't really turned out the way I expected it to be but I am okay with that.

Once I had to completely rebuild my understanding of my life and I am grateful for the changes it brought to me.

Waiting makes me anxious.

Even though I've lost sight a few times, I'm pretty sure I know what I want. But I can only speak for myself, which is the hard part.

No comments: