Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's finally here.

On Thursday I stepped outside at about 6:00 in the evening, and wow...it just hit me. It's finally Scera shell weather. I sat there for a minute in the warm wind and memories totally overwhelmed me. I could feel the shell-the sounds, the smells, the excitement. It was so cool, and, as lame as it sounds, it made me incredibly happy. I just love going to the shell during the summer. I didn't realize how much I actually look forward to this time of year.

Last summer, Rob talked about how he wanted our cast to become like one big family. It happened, and that's probably my favorite part of the shell. The relationships formed over the rehearsal period are so great. I love having a second family during the summer. Also like Rob said, sometimes sad things happen in families, but it just brings the family closer together.

So, I can't wait to go back to the shell. Plus, they're showing Newsies there on September 7. How could it possibly be any better than that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

America beats newsies hands down!!!

Natalie said...

I disagree, Kyler...but of course, I've never really heard a lot of America's music, so I guess I'm not a very good judge.

Noelle said...

Aw, this reminded me of Marching Band weather...we had the same sort of second family. Except probably weirder.