Friday, July 28, 2006

What happened to the matchmaker?

Last night at rehearsal we were watching all the matchmaking going on onstage when Steve (who, by they way, shares our affinity for Dave) turned to us and said something to the effect of, "You girls are so blessed to be living in this time. You don't have to worry about some old guy being like, 'Hey, I like her. I think I'll arrange a match.' "

Steve is so right. We really are blessed to be living in this time and place. Not just because we can choose who to marry, but because of all the freedoms and rights we have. I love my life.

We also had a Dave movie party last night at rehearsal. We tried to have one, anyway. It was a little hard, but fun. If you don't like the movie Dave, I would not suggest hanging around Steve, me, or my little sisters and cousins at rehearsal, because we just quote it the whole time. We even incorporated some of Dave's move into the dream. It's great. Everyone should come see it.

4 comments:

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katrina said...

That sounds way fun! I am so excited to come see your play! I wish I was in one right now, something to get my mind off of my woes. Well not really. But Dave is such a good movie! Well have a super day!

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

That's so true! If we lived back then we'd be having to marry people like Fred Stinko! Gross! Anyway I'm excited to see your play too!

Natalie said...

Yeah that would definitely be gross if we had to marry Fred Stinko. Ew.