Sunday, December 11, 2005

Secretly....

What is it about secrets that makes them so hard to keep? If someone tells you something, even if it's completely mundane and boring, but then tells you that it's a secret, it's all of a sudden fun and exciting. I know a secret! Oh my goodness!

Every Christmas, my family and I draw pixie pals. We all vow not to tell each other who we have, because it's just more exciting to find out on Christmas day, right? Of course right. But alas, every year, one of my sisters spills the beans. Once one person tells who they have, the rest is fairly simple to figure out. Thus, the secret is ruined. But it was still fun to have that little secret, for a time.

It's not just my little sisters who have trouble keeping secrets though. My grandpa has a hard time keeping secrets as well. Usually, the secrets are about good things, and my grandpa is such a jovial guy, he wants to see people happy and having fun. Therefore, he finds it conducive to everyone else's well being if he just tells the secret. We have a good time teasing my grandpa about secrets he can't ever keep.

Having a secret gives one a sense of empowerment. When you know something no one else knows, it's makes you feel like you have the upper hand. When you know something no one else does, it definitely gives you an advantage.

Some secrets are meant to be kept. Some secrets just should not be told. But there are some secrets that are just so fun and happy you have to tell someone! Secrets are exciting.

Don't tell anyone though...it's a secret.

7 comments:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Wow! Awesome blog Natalie! You're amazing! Hey, by the way, I know something you don't know:)

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

That was pretty intense huh! For a whole two seconds there you were agonized by not knowing the secert that I don't have:D .See you're right about secerts.

Katrina said...

Your grandpa's not JUST jovial he's a "cheeseball." j/k hope everything works out for you.

Natalie said...

Katrina-You're right, my grandpa is a cheeseball. That's funny. Thanks, I hope everything works out too.
Kathryn-you're cool! That was way intense.

Aubrey Koehler said...

hey natalie! nice blog very true very true! haha and natalie do u have a secret u want to tell me?....along the lines of the note i worte u??;) haha ne ways to every one else that doesnt have lue waht we r talking about its a secret!

Natalie said...

Thanks Lance! You're approval means alot. No, I've never really considered writing for the school newspaper. Do you write for Orem's? I don't know, I enjoy writing I guess.

Katrina said...

It really is hard to keep secrets! And if SOMEONE tells you they have a secret then it is hard not to want to know!