Saturday, December 31, 2005

During the teenage years, it is inevitable that every boy and every girl will have feelings for someone of the opposite gender that are stronger than the normal feelings of friendship. Yes, it could be love. But generally it's just a crush. Every one has them, but some people take crushes and dating a step too far.

I think that the purpose of high school is to have fun. Dating is fun. But in order to have the best time while dating in high school, I believe that you should not steady date. When you date only one person while you're young, it limits the range of people you get to know. If you only get to know one guy really well, then you won't know what type of qualities other guys might posses. It limits your knowledge and experience.

Dating allows you to find the type of qualities you are looking for in a guy and it allows you to learn more about yourself and your likes and dislikes. "Steady dating IS courtship, and surely the beginning of courtship ought to be delayed until you have emerged from your teens. "**

When you are dating one person for a long time, it may create a feeling of obligation towards them. I am only sixteen, and I don't want to feel that kind of obligation for one person yet. I'd rather just have fun and live life to the fullest. Without steady dating.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I totally agree. It's a good thing you never "went out" with Mr. overprotective. Having feelings for the opposite gender makes thing so much more complicated.
Oh btw you never told me what you had to tell me the other day. That you COULDN'T tell me during lunch.