Monday, November 09, 2009

How I met his mother

So, when we were talking to SCs family last night I realized that the story is kinda funny, and I really need to write it down. Of course, what better place to write a funny story than my blog? I hope you all can share in the joys of my life.

It was a fine September afternoon. One of my TELL classes was canceled, which was fine with me because that meant 2 1/2 hours of extra time! With that extra time I decided to go to Curves. I got there and started on the circuit, completely absorbed in my own little world. I remember that I was reflecting on the most recent chapter of my life and looking at any room for improvement.

Then a man walked in the door. It was like the most exciting thing that happened that day! I mean, it's not that men NEVER come into Curves, but it is uncommon. I was intrigued, so I watched as a woman who was on the circuit went to greet her husband and exchange keys with him, or something. It was a good way to break up the monotony.

After I finished, I was stretching when the same woman (the one with the husband) leaned over to me. This is the conversation.

Sister C: You are so cute!
Me: This happens all the time...Thanks!
Sister C: Are you in high school?
Me: Do I really look like I'm still in high school? Sad! No, I'm a junior at BYU.
Sister C: Oh, do you have a boyfriend?
Me: I see where this is going...No, I don't.
Sister C: Well I have this son-his name is SC-he just got home from a mission in January. He's really nice and quiet and tall. I want to set you guys up!
Me: Sweet! This is great!! That sounds good.
Sister C: Oh perfect. He's at UVU on scholarship studying aviation...
Me: Uh oh...a pilot?!! Awesome!

Seriously, even though he likes to fly, it's been great. He started texting me a few days later and the rest, as they say, is history.

Maybe one of you thought that was funny. I think it is. I have the best Curves Success Story ever!

5 comments:

Chlorine Addict said...

Unbelievable. How can I sign up?

karlee said...

I LOVE that story. Because it happened to YOU and it happened at CURVES!!! I could possibly be the reason that this is all happening, in fact, I AM the reason. If I had not started working at curves, you probably wouldn't have signed up there. You may or may not thank me for this someday! ;)

Natalie said...

Oh, Mark...

Haha, and Karlee-you ARE the reason! It never would have happened otherwise. So thank you :)

Jason & Shannon said...

I think that is funny.

Elizabeth said...

So I have an old roommate who works at curves and I still don't know what the circuit is. Do you want to enlighten me?