Friday, May 22, 2009

An awkward waltz

During the transformation scene at the end of Beauty and the Beast, there are eight couples who waltz around the Beast/Prince and Belle. It's supposed to be this beautiful scene-I will probably end up crying. Can't you picture it? Tears streaming down my face as I try to waltz gracefully?

Back to the point of this post. Last night we learned the waltz and then tried to fit it in with the rest of the scene. We didn't really know where to enter and start dancing, but we were listening to the music for the "Tale as old as time" theme to start playing. Because that's when we start waltzing. Unforunately, this theme appears at least three times. Finally my partner and I thought we heard our entrance music, so we went waltzing across the stage.

I wondered why our waltzing path was suddenly so open and uninhibited by other members of the cast. Oh, maybe because it wasn't our entrance. But we didn't realize that the choreographer was shouting at us to get off the floor. Or that the cast was snickering because we were randomly waltzing across the stage. So...yeah, it was awkward.

No comments: