Friday, April 24, 2009

What makes you happy?

Today work was very slow, so with my time I started making a list of things that make me happy. I will include a portion of my list.

  • Companionships that sing hymns in harmony with each other
  • Receiving international mail
  • Meeting new people I can just tell are going to become my good friends
  • Speaking with someone I admire
  • Seeing something ordinary in a new, extraordinary light
  • 7pm on summer evenings
  • Running into old friends
  • When difficult concepts finally click
  • Making hard decisions and feeling good about the outcome
  • Finding a new favorite
  • The feeling after facing a fear
  • Realizing I've adopted some qualities of the people I admire
  • Being called by nicknames
  • Laughing. Laughing hard.
  • Accomplishing something I've worked hard for/seeing someone I love accomplish something they have worked hard for
Well this is only a portion of my list. And now, dear Readers, I am calling on you. What makes you happy? Please leave a comment. I don't care who you are-you don't have to leave your name if you don't want to, but I just want to know. What makes you happy? It can be something simple like "chocolate" or something more complex. Please?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Blogging. Photography. Spring. Summer. Mountains. The ocean. Animals. Friends. being with family. The gospel.

Chlorine Addict said...

You should have added "Mark" to that list.