Monday, September 08, 2008

Red in the face

What makes a person blush? Embarrassment? I'm not so sure that's the only cause. Let me explain.

Today I could not stop blushing. Really. Every time someone spoke to me--no, every time someone even looked at me--I would blush. Then they would draw attention to the fact that I was blushing and I'd blush even more. I didn't think I normally blush this much...what is wrong with me?! All my blood is leaving my legs in the night and pooling in my face. Yikes...

Elder Arbuckle: So Natalie....do you have superpowers?
Me: *sigh....yes, Elder, I do. (I probably blushed at this point)
Elder A. and companion: We totally called it!

**A few minutes later**

Elder Arbuckle, talking to Random Elder: No, it's okay. You see, Natalie and I have this deal that she will give me free drinks if I refrain from calling her Violet.
Random Elder: Really? Is that her first or last name?
Elder Arbuckle: Oh, it isn't her name. It's just the color her face turns.

Then Gideon and Nancy each remarked on how I was blushing and couldn't stop. THEN some guy at the ward party noticed I was blushing when he was taking my picture for the ward directory! What is wrong with me?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much rouge? JK I liked the Elders way of finding out if you were Violet by asking if you had super powers. Clever...

Love Ya! Mom

Holly said...

That's interesting because I don't remember having noticed you blushing... I guess I will be on the look out. :)