Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I have a new best friend

His name is...Elder Taylor? Maybe? I'm not sure.

Today at work this Elder came up to buy something, and I was helping him when I noticed that he was practically a foot taller than me (maybe a little less than a foot, but he is probably the tallest guy I've seen in a long time). I didn't say anything about his height because sometimes it's annoying when people say "Hey! You're tall!" Because really, how am I supposed to respond to that? "I know"? "Thanks"? But I digress...

He said, "Hey! You're tall! It's not very often that I meet someone who is around my same height!" (clarification: we were not around the same height, but I see his reasoning). I responded with the same sentiments, and then said, "I'm sorry, but I really have to ask. Did you play basketball?"

And the Elder responded, "No. Did you?" As I was shaking my head no, he said, "Well, I bet that we didn't play basketball for the exact same reason."

Me: "What, because people expect us to?
Elder: "Exactly."

What did I tell you? We're best friends. We can't not be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally--someone who thinks the same way you do!! Find out his name!! This may never happen again!! (JK)

Love Ya! MOM