Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My optometrist Paul!...er, Bill.


I love eye doctors. I mean really, who wants to walk around having trouble seeing? Not me. I'm grateful for the service they provide.

However (of course there was going to be a 'however'. I don't generally go around giving random, glowing praise of doctors), it's a little awkward. They're like, literally in your face the whole time. And I feel like I'm violating their personal space. "Stare at my ear" so I proceed to stare at his ear for like, 5 minutes. They would have to be pretty self assured, to be able to have strangers staring at body parts such as ears.

And what's with all their certificates on the wall? My eye doctor is a member of the "Achievement Club". I mean, what is that? A place where a bunch of doctors get together and...achieve? I don't know.


Plus, I had to listen to a half-hour lecture on silicon hydrogel contact lenses. The pros, the cons, the reasons why you should and should not wear them, etc. It was a pointless discussion. I'm sorry, Doctor, but I just don't care. All I want is a prescription!


And I always feel weird, like they're judging me. "Which one is better? One...or two?" uh...two? No, I don't know? What if I say the wrong thing on accident, or what if I can't really tell and give the wrong answer? And then it totally skews my prescription? haha, I just think it's funny.


Sorry if this was mean. But I got new glasses! Hopefully they're the right prescription...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't think it's weird at all. It's their job, they are just used to it.

Katrina said...

Oh I totally agree! I only went to the eye doctor once, but I was so worried that I was going to mess it up, that I might say the wrong number. Oh and when they puff air in your eyes. THAT was weird!