Sunday, November 27, 2005

Making life a perpetual spree!

Winter is my favorite time of the year. I love the snow, and I love the holidays that come during the winter. It's not just the holidays themselves, like getting presents and eating. No, that's not what I get so excited about. My favorite part of the holidays is just the feeling that tags along. You know, all that "peace on earth, good will to man" stuff. But it's true-with the holidays comes a sense of peace and good will.

Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, there's s new feel in the air. It's almost as if it gets snowed down along with the snowflakes. I feel like Ebeneezer Scrooge after he drinks the milk of life. It's a giddy happiness and excitement, a feeling that I'm not always a hostess of. "I like life, life likes me, life and I fairly fully agree. " I guess I should try to be like that all year long, instead of just at Christmas.

Another thing that makes me happy at Christmas is memories. I'm really into recalling funny things that have happened or good things we've done. The memories of Christmas are especially sweet, I don't know why. During the holidays we spend a lot more time with our extended family, and that always creates fun times and good memories we like to recall.

Anyway, I'm glad it's winter again. I always look forward to this time of year. I'm so excited to watch all of our Christmas movies again, listen to the music, and spend more time with my family. Hooray for the holidays!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

YAY for snow! AND Christmas time!