Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Stiches of wisdom

What is the point of wisdom teeth? For most people, as soon as their wisdom teeth start growing in, their dentist says, "Take them out!" Why do they even bother coming in? I think it's time that humans evolved out of wisdom teeth. Back when cavemen roamed the earth, wisdom teeth might have been a good thing. Since they didn't really have any good dental hygiene, their teeth must have been decaying and falling out alot. So, I guess it was good for them to have an extra set of teeth growing in during their teenage years. Now, though, there's really no reason for those extra teeth.

As for those teeth providing us with wisdom...they do, I suppose. Oh, you can't have the wisdom from your wisdom teeth if you just let them grow in. No, to gain the full amount of wisdom you need to have them removed. What good are those teeth doing for you if you just let them grow in? No good.

Before I got my wisdom teeth removed last Friday, I was so afraid of pain. Flu shots freaked me out. Needless to say, I was pretty scared to go in and have this procedure of oral surgery done. I was worried about the IV, the stiches, and, of course, the post-operative pain. After I got all of this done, I realized that it's no big deal. I now have wisdom stemming from my newly found knowledge that shots and stuff aren't that bad.

My mom recently scheduled a time for my family to go in and get our flu shots. My little sisters are a little bit scared, but me? No way. Come on, a flu shot? Please. I just got my wisdom teeth out. And that was great! Now let's go get protected from the flu...

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Well ever since I got my wisdom teeth out I think I lost my wisdom. I like, "a stero-typical blonde at heart." anyway I am still scared of shots and getting blood drawn and IVs. I wish I could be like you.

Aubrey Koehler said...

hey nat! good for u for not being scared!

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Congratulations Nat! You're my hero! I've never gotten my wisdom teeth pulled or anything scary, but I might have to. You're an inspiration to us all.