Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a cutie

There are many reasons why I love teaching, and there are many reasons why I love the 5th grade class I'm in right now! Here is something way cute that happened today.


So, I have to be formally observed by my BYU professors once a week. Since this is the first week of practicum, my mentor teacher has been preparing the kids so they know that one day this week, I will be formally evaluated on how well I teach.

Today a little boy (we'll call him Taylor) walked in the classroom and said, "Miss Murray, is today the day that you get observed?" I said, "No, that's tomorrow."

Taylor breathed a huuuge sigh of relief and said, "Oh, good!" We were confused, so my mentor teacher asked him, "Why is it a good thing that Miss Murray isn't being observed today?"

"Because!" Taylor exclaimed. "I'm just not prepared today!"

It was so cute. I'm glad to know my students are helping me prepare for my observation :)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I love 5th graders!!! I get to teach some too once a week. It's great! I hope your observation went well, which I am sure it did! :)

Allison Mills said...

That is so adorable! Your kids sound great :) How is your mentor teacher? Good luck with that observation, I know you aced it!