Thursday, October 28, 2010

The babe


Well, the babe and I have been together since June 2009. I watched him learn to walk, talk (in English and Spanish), and sing new songs. I taught him the word "no" (whoops). I watched his imagination develop. I saw his love for bells and bears grow. We wandered through museums together. We watched many bowling games.

I looked forward to seeing him every day, and he was always happy to see me as well. We had many adventures together. I've held on to that babe and cried sorrows away more than once. He was always the first person I told when good things happened. We love each other.

Stupid practicum.

The babe just called me and we had a good chat. It was his bedtime, but after about ten minutes it became apparent he wasn't going to hang up the phone. It was up to me to say goodbye and just hang up.

The hardest part was that he kept saying, "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, bells tomorrow" and I had to tell him, "No, later, we'll see each other later". I don't want him to think I've abandoned him! I don't want him to forget about me. Because I'll never forget him!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Natalie, this is just a glowingly beautiful little post about the babe. I feel so happy that Glo and I had the privilege of seeing you and the babe in person, in all your glorious togetherness. I think this experience will be a blessing forever in your life, even as you have to move forward onto doing other things. And I wish you luck with your practicum!!

Heidi said...

Natalie! SO cute. I love this. Except how it's kind of sad. He's going to love you always and forever!