Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Awkward

Preface: I date, and I am awkward, which means that I now have many awkward dating experiences. Here are a few. (NOTE! If you find yourself in one of these experiences, please don't be offended)

Experience One: I was on a date-an almost blind date, but not quite. We called it a colorblind date. His dad had tried to set us up for a long time and we finally went out. Anyway, about an hour into the date, the boy turned to me and said, "You know, Natalie...you're a lot more normal than I thought you'd be". Um...thanks? He beat me to the punch.

Experience Two: Freshman year, winter semester. I was kinda dating a guy (who may or may not have been my TA). So he came over one of the last days of finals week to visit. As he left to go study, he kissed me goodbye (our first kiss!) and said to me, "Well, I'll see you in September!" I had no idea he was even leaving. What! We didn't ever really speak again.

Experience Three: Sophomore year, winter semester. There was a guy in my ward who I was pretty sure liked me. We had been on a few dates and I thought things were kind of getting more serious, then one day....he stopped talking to me. Literally. Wouldn't even make eye contact. I tried to clarify but was met with contention so I dropped it completely, never knowing what I had done to offend him. Yesterday I found out that he thought I was trying to date him just to win a bet. So lame! I'm kinda depressed that he thought that little of me.

Dating is exciting!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I want to know the details on the betting story. Please call me!

Chlorine Addict said...

Whew, good thing I never date!