Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Four gals and a guy

Tonight I will divulge a musical talent (it's not really a talent. It's a bad habit) that I have acquired. But first, I will tell a story.

The year was 2004. My piano team and I were frantically preparing for a big 5 piano competition thing. Day after day, week after week we met and practiced our songs again and again. (Well, okay-we weren't really "frantically preparing". We were pretty darn apathetic. But I digress.) So anyway. We were having fun, because, let's face it: You get Natalie, Natalie, Sarah, Jennifer, and Nathan into a room all playing the piano at the same time-it can only turn out to be hilarious, right?

Anyway, every piano lesson was an adventure-but one thing was certain: Nathan always played as loud and as fast as he could. It was so funny.

Well we won our competition. Yay.

After that competition, Nathan stopped taking lessons. (Thanks a lot, Nate.) Now whenever we had a 5 piano practice, we all missed Nate insanely. So, gradually, I adopted his playing style.

Isn't that horrible?!

(Don't worry-I can play normally when I want to, but my default setting is now as loud and fast as possible!)

No comments: