Thursday, November 02, 2006

A rather sentimental blog (AKA Natalie almost cried while talking to Mr. Bowman today)


You know the movie Father of the Bride? I love that one. But it makes me sad. Since it's told from the Father's point of view, it makes me feel bad when he gets all sad that his daughter is leaving. It's so hard, especially knowing that my dad and I are going to go through this exact situation in a matter of years. I love my dad so much-I don't really know how to explain it. I have this desire to move on with my life; at the same time, I feel sorrowful at the thought of leaving my family, most especially my mom and dad.

Anyway, the reason why I'm thinking about this stuff is because Mr. Bowman's daughter is getting married tomorrow, and today when I was talking to him he mentioned he'll be sad when she isn't around anymore to just hang out with. Things change, and that's hard.

Sometimes, I have a really hard time with change.

3 comments:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Are you sure Mr. Bowman wasn't excited Natalie? I mean when some of my brothers left the house it was a party! Well maybe not all of them though. Yeah change is over rated.

The Crew said...

I think that every parent is sad to see their kids grow up but also very excited for them! It will be the same for you when you get married-sad to leave home but excited to build a new home with that special someone! I do have one piece of advice though right now in your teenage years-don't regret anything you do or say with your parents. I took my parents for granted and i never would have thought of my dad not being here this early in my life. So cherish those moments! And write about your parents in your journal and always tell them you love them! Okay, sorry i will stop now! It is just your blog touched me!
Love ya!

Chlorine Addict said...

Aw... how cute!