Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Random memory #1

(This is the first of what will probably turn out to be lots of random stories.)

Year: 2004
Setting: SCERA Shell
Main characters: Evan, Natalie (me), dippin dots worker

Once upon a time, a couple of years ago, I was in the musical "Oklahoma!". Evan was my small friend. He was a very funny little boy.

Well, one day right after cast meeting, Even decided he wanted some dippin dots. So, Evan and I changed out of our costumes (or maybe we hadn't changed into them yet-I can't remember) and we trekked to the top of the hill to buy him some ice cream. We stood in line for a minute, chatted with some of the other people who were in line, and finally, Evan got to the front of the line, ordered his dippin dots, and we left.

When we got backstage, Evan turned to me with a horrified look on his face, held out his clenched fist, and said, "Natalie, I forgot to pay." It was very funny, actually. How do you just forget to pay?

So, being the honest person that I am, I trekked back up the hill, went to the dippin dots girl, and said, "My little brother forgot to pay for his dippin dots." (Ok, so that was a bit of a lie, but to tell the whole story would have taken too long). I felt dumb though, because the girl just looked at me like I was from Mars. Maybe I had too much stage makeup on, but I digress. It was just very awkward. Here I was, trying to do the right thing, and I got treated like some sort of freak. Oh well. The end.

(See, that was pretty random, wasn't it?)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That's a pretty exciting story!