Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Don't slouch!

"Never slouch." I heard that phrase everyday as we lined up to go to lunch in sixth grade. If I'm going to be completely honest here, I'd have to say that it bugged me to hear that. 'Just because I'm tall doesn't mean the teacher, who is also tall, has to pick on me!' I was always thinking. I never really thought about that phrase, other than to be annoyed. But guess what? Somehow, subconciously, I let it get to me. It affected my life in a major way. Out of all my teachers, I think Mr. Harward has honestly had the most influence on my life and the way I am. It's funny that I never realized it back then. Looking back, I'm so grateful for everything he taught me. He didn't just teach me geography, he taught me that being tall is cool. I never knew that until sixth grade. I was always embarrassed to be taller than my friends. After his class, it got better. So, Mr. Harward's an amazing person. He's the best. I think I need to write him a thank you note.

No comments: