Saturday, February 25, 2006

Aspirations

One of the coolest things to do at work is glue labels inside violins. That is an extremely weird thing for me to say, because on the outside it looks all mundane, boring, nerdy...I don't know. But I like it! You ask me why? Why do I like gluing labels on the inside of violins? I'll tell you-but first, I'll explain the process of gluing in a label.

First, you take the label, put glue on it, and then you put it on this curved metal thing. Then, you take the curved metal thing and put it inside the little holes that are shaped like Fs, making sure you don't get glue all over the outside of your nice new GEII violin. Third, you take another instrument (not a musical instrument) that is maybe something like a straight metal thing and you work the label off metal thing #1 with metal thing #2. Does this make sense? No, I didn't think it would. The last thing you do is take the flat part of metal thing #1 and smooth the label so it doesn't have any bubbles in it or anything.

Ok. Now you know how to put a label inside a violin. The reason why I like doing this is because I'm pretty sure I want to be an orothodontist or a dentist, and this process is kind of like doing things that dentists would do. Actually, one time I was gluing labels and metal thing #1 was actually the little mirror that dentists use to look inside your mouth with! It was so cool! It's like practicing to be a dentist, but I'm practicing on a violin! Wow, I'm really weird. And now you know.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay for natalie! You need all the practice you can get to be a dentist!

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Sweet! I didn't know you wanted to be a dentist! You're my hero! I like dentists! Orthodontists on the other hand...jk...actually no serioustly I despise othodontits. They're the communists in disguise who tried to destroy my mouth! But then again they have lots of power and I think you'd handle it more correctly. If I ever had to go back to the orthodontist, I'd rather it be you than some communist :)

Natalie said...

Hey yeah, thanks Kathryn and Katrina. Anyway, for some reason I just really want to be a dentist. People think that's disgusting or stupid, but I don't. It's just what I want to do! What are you aspiring to?

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

I want to be a bunny