Saturday, October 08, 2005

Winter pajamas

My dad has this pair of pajamas that he wears when it gets cold. All us kids like to make fun of those pajamas, mostly because we're so jealous that our dad has such a stylin' pair of pjs, but we are really mystified as to why he loves those pajamas so much. He's worn them ever since I can remember, but they're still in really good condition.

The Christmas before my dad left on his mission, his sister gave him a sweater. So, that was a couple and a half decades ago. It's cream colored with a maroon stripe across the front. That's what he wears for his pajama top. His pajama bottoms are maroon flannel pants with thin blue and black stripes. I think my mom must've given those to him sometime early on in their marriage.

Last Christmas, we tried to start a new winter pajama tradition by giving my dad some blue flannel pants to replace his red ones. He wore the blue ones a couple times, but then reverted back to wearing the originals. So obviously, we can conclude that my dad does not just wear those pajamas because he lacks other options. There's got to be some underlying reason.

Since he pulls out these special pajamas feel very warm and cozy. They look cozy, and we're all so used to them. Every time we see my dad wearing those pajamas it brings back such good memories of winter, especially Christmas. The pajamas give a sense of warmth and familiarity to not only my dad, but also to us kids. They bring a sense of nostalgia as well, since my dad has had them for such a long time.

It must be getting cold, because my dad has started wearing those pajamas again. It's that time of year. Time for my dad to pull out his winter pajamas. I love the winter.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yeah, he's an awesome guy with a pair of awesome pajamas. Wahoo for my dad!