Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What if you are what a prince would envision?

Last week was a hard week for me. I was worrying about the future because of what has happened in the past. Like Lot's wife, my attachment to the past, however negative, outweighed my confidence in the future. I am so confused about how I let that happen. I mean I have faith! I know Heavenly Father has a plan for my life!

I was trying so hard to get off the mind train, but it's hard when the train is barreling down upon you ninety to the dozen!



I had to just jump off that train, in a very Sherlock Holmes sort of way. And I realized some things.

I have been dreaming of teaching school for a long time. And now what am I doing? Teaching school! I have a whole classroom full of little wonders. While school is crazy and busy and hard, it's a dream come true and I am loving it!

(This picture was taken before school even started. My classroom definitely has a more "lived in" feel now!)

I'm dating a wonderful guy. No more a smart little girl with no heart! Seriously, he's lovely and perfect. True. And if you'll excuse an expression I use...

And lastly, a quote from my favorite British friend: "I've decided to just be happy, because if not then you can't really help anyone." And really, charity is always something I need to be working on!

No comments: