Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh, boys.

As with many of my stories, this may not be funny to you. But it is to me!

So, this story takes place last summer when I was serving as Relief Society president. We had ward council every Sunday morning at 7:30 and church started at 9. One Sunday I had a killer headache and did NOT feel well, but of course I toughed it out and went to the meeting and church.

After church, I went straight home, changed back into my pajamas, and got into bed. I hadn't even been laying down for five minutes before I started getting texts from the bishop and ward executive secretary (they were in the middle of a bishopric meeting). I really wanted to sleep but I was trying to be good, so I kept responding to their texts until finally I got one from the bishop that said, "Can you or Alex (EQP) just run over here and talk to us for a minute?" Well, I considered laying in bed and letting Alex run over and talk to them, but since the bishop's office was literally right next door to my apartment, I thought I'd better just do it myself.

*This is how close my apartment was to the bishop's office. If I was sitting on the couch in our living room, I could hear the bishop talking through the wall*

So, I got myself out of bed and trudged over in my bare feet and pajamas. I looked like death warmed over, I'm sure of it. I stood there in the hot office and they asked me questions for a while before the 1st counselor noticed something was wrong and said, "Um, are we killing you here?" I was like, "Uh yeah, I feel awful. I want to go to bed" and my lip probably trembled. They got all sympathetic and said, "Well, go back and get in bed! We'll let you sleep and ask Alex all the questions from now on."

I was very grateful, so I left the office and got back in bed. Five minutes later...they were texting me again. I don't think I went back to sleep that day.

Oh, boys...maybe they just really needed a woman to sort everything out for them.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ha Ha Ha! I remember that. Oh the good old days . . .

Jason & Shannon said...

Yes, it takes a woman to get things done! Haha.